The main goal for this style of distribution is more longevity for independent sound creator libraries. Especially libraries that may have caught bad release timing or flown under the radar.
We will link directly to your library on your site so customers are given the option to purchase the individual libraries directly
Increased visibility and exposure (including marketing) not possible on other marketplaces
New revenue stream for independent sound effects creators different than current models (individual purchases / subscriptions)
Re-Mixed or Derived libraries offer a new revenue stream requiring 0 effort on the creators part
What these are: Derivative libraries are created by taking libraries vendors submit and generating a new small library of designed sounds.
Earn more from your libraries: After we derive a new library of designed sounds, it will be offered exclusively on Sound Spark. The vendor will collect 60% of that revenue. Sound Spark will collect 40%
Spotlight Video: A spotlight video will be created for each library that goes through this process, providing further marketing for your library and providing educational design tips on sound design for all to benefit.
The catch: There is no way we can do this for every library submitted, nor would it be appropriate for some. The ideal candidate would generally be a source material library, recorded at high sample rates. A great example would be a library of animal sounds - those could easily be re-designed into all sorts of sci-fi creatures and monsters.
Your earnings and our fees: we charge a 30 percent distribution fee on each bundle sold. Meaning we keep 30 percent of all bundle sales and the remaining 70 percent is split between the participating vendors. Vendors will be paid their shares on the 15th of each month.
Bundle price calculation: Vendors dictate to us the price of their individual library, we add the price of all libraries in the bundle together and offer the sound libraries bundled together at a minimum discount of 20% or a maximum not to exceed 50% . Distribution fee and payouts are calculated after the discount is applied.
Bundle availability: 4 Bundles will be available on Sound Spark at any given point in time, featured on the front page. Bundles rotate as new ones are introduced. The first week a bundle is discounted at 50% after that, it is offered at 20% off for the remainder of rotation.
The Mega Bundle: During our annual 1-week holiday sale, a mega bundle which consists of 4 previously offered bundles (a bundle of bundles) will be available for a limited time at a 50% discount. Mega bundles are never repeated and will be different each year.